1 in 5 people over the age of 50 doesn’t have children by choice or circumstance. By 2030 2 million people will be over the age of 65 without adult children and yet in all the many debates and discussions on ageing, it has been almost completely overlooked.
For all those who have never been able to have children, whose children have died or moved away, who never wanted children, who are estranged from their children…the question is
“Who will speak up for me and lend a hand when I can no longer cope on my own?”
Is the state the answer, charities, self-help?
Sign up to an AWOC group – Share ideas, take action, meet new people
We now have local groups meeting in:
- Leeds (contact Jean Basson on firstname.lastname@example.org)
- York (contact Sue Lister on 01904 488870)
- London (email email@example.com or join via facebook London facebook group)
- Brighton email Brighton AWOC
- Bristol https://www.meetup.com/Bristol-Ageing-without-Children-Meetup/
If you would like to set up a local AWOC group email: firstname.lastname@example.org